Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Garden Salsa Meatloaf

Meatloaf, shmeatloaf. It's good and all, but my kids don't really eat ground beef unless it's smothered in taco seasoning. So I thought I'd try to give it a "Mexican" twist and see how it went over with the discriminating taste-testers in my house. The end result? The girls still wouldn't eat it, but my husband gave it a 7 out of 10 and said I could make it again. I enjoyed it last night, but I sliced some on to a some toast today for a meatloaf sandwich and this stuff is even better the next day!


Garden Salsa Meatloaf

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 c. salsa
1/2 c. uncooked oatmeal
1/4 c. roasted red peppers, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 c. shredded carrot
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. Nature's Seasons
Sprinkle of hot sauce (optional)


Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients except the hot sauce in a medium bowl. Mix well with your hands until thoroughly combined.











If adding hot sauce, sprinkle desired amount on top of meat mixture and stir with a spoon. (You don't want to get this stuff in your eyes by accident, trust me!)










Press into a 9x5 bread pan, and bake at 375 for about 35 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in the center.










Slice and serve. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin