Thursday, July 23, 2009

Extreme Yumminess

We all have our favorite brands that we just can't live without. Until recently, I was on an eternal quest for the perfect hummus. But no more. I have found it!

A couple of months ago I was hanging out in Wal-Mart waiting for a bad storm to subside, and I wandered over to the deli section to get some roasted red pepper hummus since I had oodles of celery in my fridge and that's just about the only way I eat it raw. That's when I saw it. I was wooed by the larger container, the dollop of red roasted red peppers in the middle, and the promise of it being "smoother and tastier" than my usual brand. Since it was only 50 cents more, into the cart it went.

This morning I pulled out the celery, and sampled the culinary delight that is known as Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I have never tasted anything so good! (Unless it was drowning in hot fudge toffee, anyway.) I usually enjoy restaurant hummus. I like store-bought hummus enough to keep buying it. But this stuff... WOW. Even my lovely neighbor (who doesn't normally like hummus at all) thought it was good enough to have seconds! And what if you aren't a celery lover? It makes a great addition to an avocado & tomato sandwich!! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.

1 comment:

Carrie Maseda said...

I will have to be on the look out for this, because I LOVE hummus!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin