Thursday, July 16, 2009

Easy Garlic Chicken

Do you ever just have one of those days? This was one of mine. I was busy rearranging half the house and suddenly I looked at the clock and it was almost 5:00. I hadn't even thought of dinner, much less set any meat or chicken out to thaw. Payday is tomorrow and grocery shopping the day after, so all my "easy" meals were fixed days ago.

So what now? I had to decide: convenience or cook?

What I find so amazing is that when I actually made the decision not to have the husband pick up dinner on the way home and went into my kitchen to see what I could come up with, it only took me about 30 minutes to fix dinner: garlic chicken, mac & cheese, canned green beans. Yum. This chicken is very flavorful and always a big hit!


Easy Garlic Chicken

2 large chicken breasts
Olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
Salt/pepper to taste

If chicken is frozen, partially thaw in microwave for about 3 minutes. Slice into strips. This allows for faster cooking time.











Drizzle a little olive oil into a pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add chicken.










Add garlic and salt/pepper as desired. I prefer to use a seasoning blend called Nature's Seasons for almost all of my cooking.













Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink inside.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin