Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Breakfast Sundae

Breakfast is one of those meals that is not optional for me. I need it, I want it, I enjoy it. My kids, however, are a different story. Horse Lover gets really tired of "breakfast food" really fast. There have been days she's had a PB&J for breakfast because we just can't agree on anything else. Needless to say, I've tried to get a little more creative in the breakfast department.

This recipe is really nothing more than a yogurt parfait, it is much more fun to call it a breakfast sundae, don't you think? My favorite fruit to use is strawberries, but I've also made it with sliced bananas and blueberries. Raspberries or blackberries would also work well. However, I do try to stay away from using granola for these because granola is much higher in fat and calories than other cereals.


Breakfast Sundae
(makes one adult serving)

1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. berries, sliced strawberries, or sliced banana
1/2 c. Honey Bunches of Oats cereal


Spoon yogurt into a bowl or sundae dish.














Top with desired fruit.














Sprinkle cereal on top of fruit.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin