Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shortcut Potatoes

It may come as a surprise to you, but sometimes I forget to do things when I'm cooking. Take Monday night for example. We were having an easy night of it with some grilled hot dogs (the light ones, but don't tell the kids!) and corn and I thought the natives would enjoy some baked oven fries with their dinner, too. But I was so excited about grilling the corn that I completely forgot about the fries.

So picture it: it's 6:05, The Honey will be home in 15 minutes, and we're already having a late dinner. I'm NOT going to start some oven fries that will take 25 minutes alone just to cook. However, I knew we had our hearts set on crispy potatoes, so I devised a plan.


Shortcut Potatoes

potatoes
Cooking spray
salt


Scrub and slice potatoes and place them in a microwave-safe dish. Add a little water and cook them in the microwave until tender. (For 2 potatoes it's about 4-5 minutes.)

Preheat oven to broil and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes down in a single layer. Coat tops with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.

Broil until the tops are starting to brown - about 3 minutes. Turn potatoes over, coat with additional cooking spray, and salt. Broil until other side is done.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin