Monday, November 16, 2009

Roasted Potatoes

Several months ago I had these fantastic roasted potatoes at a friend's house. Because I am the Candid Cook and lover of all things edible, I asked her for her recipe. I was floored when she said that all she used for seasoning was the Good Seasons Italian dressing mix packet. Another friend that was there said she used it to season everything, too. What?! How did I miss that memo?

That's when I bought my first package. I even bought the starter kit that came with a shaker bottle and two packets of seasoning. I used it to make a marinade for chicken and veggie shish-ka-bobs, and I was hooked! Not only is it a cheaper and better way to make salad dressing, but as I had already been told, I could also use the seasoning packet to roast potatoes.

One of my favorite things about this recipe is how stinkin' easy it is. You don't even have to peel the potatoes. You just scrub, chop, season, and bake. My second favorite thing about this recipe is that for the FIRST TIME (not counting french fries) Horse Lover has not only liked to eat potatoes, but she has asked me to make them. With the skins, no less. Do you hear the choirs of heavenly angels singing? I do!


Roasted Potatoes

4 Russet potatoes or 6 red potatoes
1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Scrub and chop potatoes into bite-size pieces. Add 1 packet of Italian dressing mix. Toss lightly to coat the potatoes. Drizzle a olive oil and toss again to coat.
Line a 13x9-inch pan with aluminum foil. Coat with non-stick cooking spray. Pour potatoes into pan. What you see pictured here is only 2 russet potatoes (I made a half-batch!), so your pan should look a bit fuller than mine does.
Bake at about 425 to 450 until potatoes are cooked through. Be sure and stir gently about half-way through. The length of time you need will vary based on how full your pan is and how large your potato dices are. I cooked mine about 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin