Sunday, May 31, 2009

Easy Baked Home Fries

My kids love french fries, and let's be honest - don't we all? I've tried different home-made fries in the past. Usually fancy recipes calling for things like Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. But these always flopped. My little potato-haters just didn't fall for it. But then I decided to give it just one more try with nothing more fancy than oil and salt... And amazingly enough they were a big hit with the kids and The Honey!


Easy Baked Home Fries

3-4 medium potatoes, any type
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
Salt

Peel and trim potatoes. Cut potatoes into fries.










Place in large bowl or ziplock bag and drizzle with olive oil. Mix until all potatoes are lightly covered with oil.









Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, you can use aluminum foil but you must spray with non-stick cooking spray. (If you forget to do this the fries will stick to the foil!) Place the potatoes on the parchment paper or foil and sprinkle lightly with salt.









Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, turning fries and re-salting once during cooking. Serve with garlic chicken and steamed broccoli for a healthy meal!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Hey anita, I make baked potato rounds in the oven on a cookie sheet...I just cut red potatoes into disks, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and Mrs. Dash (gives them a little kick)my family loves them and they are a nice alternative to the "usual' sides.

P.S. I usually spray olive oil Pam on the pan to prevent sticking.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin