Monday, October 12, 2009

Peanut Butter S'mores

I should probably save this post for a Fun Friday, but it's late, I'm tired, and I really wanted to post something today. Since this has 3 ingredients and takes about a minute to make, it wins the prestigious Monday Slot.

Looking back through my trusty kitchen "notebook" where I jot all my culinary creations, I realized just how many desserts I make that have peanut butter in them. I really don't have a peanut butter fetish, however. But I think Horse Lover does. So we make a lot of things with peanut butter, much to the dismay of The Monkey who does not like peanut butter on anything other than a sandwich - especially if it's sweet.

With that being said, The Monkey does actually like these. I suspect it has something to do with the melted marshmallows. I'd overlook anything (except sweet potatoes!) for some melted marshmallows. We don't have these often, but every few months I make them for the girls for a novelty after-school snack. No campfire needed!

PB S'mores
(This comes out to about 120 calories per "sandwich")

1 graham cracker (honey, not cinnamon!)
1/2 tsp. creamy peanut butter
9 miniature marshmallows

Break graham cracker in half and spread 1/2 tsp. peanut butter on one side.

On the other side, place 9 mini marshmallows.

Microwave just until the marshmallows start to grow. Watch them closely, because this usually only takes about 5 seconds or so. Remove from microwave and top with peanut butter side. Smush together and enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin