Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bacon Ranch Wraps

I uploaded pictures from my camera today and realized that I have gotten more cooking done lately that I realized. Kudos to me! I guess I have been feeding my family lately and not just making them eat sandwiches. This is a greater achievement than you may realize since it seems like I've been sick with either cold or stomach bug for last 10 days.

This particular meal would not be a big hit with my lettuce-haters, but I needed something quick and easy before Cantata practice one Tuesday night. So The Honey and I ate these, and the kiddos had cheese quesadillas with veggies on the side. Judge me if you want, but it's better for them than McDonalds!

Also, if you want to try these but don't want to go through the trouble or expense of getting what you need to make the Ranch dressing used in the recipe, you can use whatever Ranch dressing you have on hand.


Bacon Ranch Wraps
(Makes enough filling for 3 adult-size wraps. Each serving of filling is about 160 calories when I make it, but may vary slightly based on what kind of bacon you use and whether you substitute commercial ranch dressing for what's listed in the recipe.)

Ranch dressing for filling
1/3 c. light sour cream
3 Tbsp plain non-fat yogurt
1 tsp dried ranch dressing mix

Combine ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside and prepare filling. If you don't want to make this, you can use 1/2 c. of your favorite ranch dressing instead.


Filling
4 c. chopped leaf lettuce
1 tomato, diced
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese


Chop lettuce and tomato and place in a mixing bowl.
Add bacon and shredded Parmesan. (I know, it's kind of like rocket science, iAdd ranch dressing and toss until thoroughly coated.
Place about 1/3 of mixture on a flour tortilla. Fold like a burrito and serve!
Note: If you don't want to eat this as a wrap, add some grilled chicken and make a dinner salad out of it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin