Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kathleen's Meatballs

This recipe was given to me by a friend years ago, and I'm ashamed to say that I just now finally tried it. We like to put meatballs in our spaghetti sauce instead of using ground meat because Horse Lover and The Monkey don't like the meat. This way, The Honey and I can enjoy the meatballs and the kids just get the pasta and sauce without wasting so much food. They were super easy to make and very yummy!

Kathleens Meatballs

1 lb lean ground beef
3/4 c. oatmeal
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp salt
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/4 c. dried minced onion or 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped

Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl with your hands. Roll into meatballs and place on a large cookie sheet covered with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until center is no longer pink. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from foil carefully. Makes about 24 1-inch meatballs.

1 comment:

Mrs.Snip said...

I am definitely going to try these! I don't like ground beef in my spaghetti sauce either, but I do like meatballs (odd, I know!). I am so excited to try it out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin