Saturday, August 1, 2009

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am famous for my chocolate chip cookies. Of course, my fame only extends within my limited circle of family and friends, but I enjoy my title of Queen Cookie Maker. And though this recipe isn't a "good for you" recipe, it does use whole wheat flour. But, shh! Don't tell my fans! They don't know...

Keep in mind that there is more to making a good cookie than a good recipe. You have to know just how to bake them. Read on and discover the secret to my success!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugars.









Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.









Add whole wheat flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well.









Stir in all-purpose flour with a spoon. Batter should be stiff. If necessary, add an additional flour a spoonful at a time until batter is thick enough.









Mix in chocolate chips.









Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough in spoonfuls onto paper.









Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 8-9 minutes until cookies are almost done. Cookies will finish cooking on the hot pan. Remove from oven when bottom of cookies are nicely golden, but tops are still a little soft.









Leave cookies on sheet for at least 2-3 minutes before removing. Then transfer to newspaper or cooling rack.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin